Your Natural Candle Care
How to look after your natural rapeseed wax candle
Please read our brief guide of how to care for your natural Lubien Candle. Following these simple steps will ensure a safe and delightful experience.
- Trim the wicks to around 0.5 before each burn. Trimming the tips helps maintain clean and even burn without flame flickering and smoking the glass.
- Place your candle on a secure, even, heatproof surface, away from draughts and away from the reach of children and pets. You should only use scented candles in well-ventilated rooms.
- Keep the melt pool clean, clear of matches, wick trims and any other debris.
- Always light up all the wicks.
- The first burn is very important. Burn your candle until you reach a beautiful full melt pool but never longer than 4 hours. This will ensure even burn afterwards. Burning for shorter periods of time may cause your candle to ‘tunnel’ and significantly reduce the total burn time.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Always check the glass isn’t hot before handling it.
- Use a snuffer to extinguish the flame. Do not blow it.
- Do not move your candle with any melted wax Wait until it sets.
- Close the candle in the box afterwards to avoid any objects getting inside the melt pool.
- Stop burning your candle when there’s 1cm of wax remaining on the bottom.
- Reuse the glass and the box. To get rid of any wax residue on the walls, put the glass in the freezer overnight. The wax will expand and you will be able to remove it easily. Wash the container in the warm water with soap. Use it as a glass, bowl, vase, storage… As you wish!
Natural wax could be tricky but it’s a wonderful alternative to petroleum-based paraffin. When treated correctly it guarantees fantastic scent throw and a gorgeous glow. We are proud to be using only 100% premium rapeseed wax in all of our candles.
You can find out more about our principles here.
Share your experience with Lubien Candle using #youtimereinvented
If you have any questions about your natural candle care, feel free to message us at email@example.com